Welcome to the third Keep It Simple Saturday linky party! I had a post all planned out to share with you all, but after I saw what my daughter had been working on, I just had to brag on her!
She and I are going to the movies tonight to see The Hunger Games. We usually only go watch a movie when it comes out in the theater if it’s one we really, really want to see. I’m just going to say, “If you haven’t read the books, you need to. Now.” I was hesitant at first and only started reading the first one because Laina asked me to, but then I was hooked! Anyways, onto the KISS project.
Laina created a very simple Hunger Games themed t-shirt, using a black t-shirt from Wal-Mart, some fabric paints from the thrift store, and a stencil she created. She printed out the Mockingjay symbol from the internet, cut it out, glued it to a piece of cardboard and taped it to the shirt.
Sorry, I took the pictures after she had finished, so I had to recreate it.
Then she just painted around it. She used the bright colors to represent Katniss, “the girl on fire.”
Doesn’t it look like she created an explosion in the background?
I think she did a great job!
On to the highlights from last week! If I featured you this week or last, please grab the KISS featured button from my sidebar.
**3/24 8:11pm~party is up and going! Since there was a problem with Linky tools server, this week’s party will go on until midnight on Tuesday!**
Now it’s your turn!
If you choose to use my button in your post as the link back, please make sure you copy the button code and not just the picture.
Here’s the KISS party rules:
- Share your simple craft ideas, recipes, home decorating tips, organizing solutions, thrifty finds, finance tips, or any changes you’ve decided to make that will simplify your life. If it will simplify something…share it!
- Please follow my blog, either via Google Friends or Linky Followers before linking up. Also, feel free to like my Facebook page.
- Be sure to link back to your original post and not just your url (main blog address).
- Please grab the KISS button from my sidebar and post it somewhere on your blog.
- Include a visible link to the KISS party or my main blog address in or at the bottom of the post you’re linking up so others can find the party, too! Any post not linked back will be deleted.
- Visit another guest. Scroll through the other links and find a couple that interest you. Visit them and leave a comment letting them know how you found them. We all like comments!
- Please, please, please turn off word verification on comments!
- I will visit each link and highlight a few at the following week’s party.
- The party will run from sometime on Fridays until midnight on Monday nights.
By linking up to this party, you understand and agree that I may use your images on my blog, Facebook page or Pinterest board.