Welcome to my first ever linky party!
Keep It Simple Saturdays, KISS for short, came to fruition after I chose simplify for my word of the year. Since I had declared to blog land that I was going to simplify, I wanted to have a weekly spot where I could share how I’m implementing that in my life, and allow others a platform to showcase any tips, tricks or ideas they have for simplifying.
This week I wanted to share an easy peasy way to clean drains. Maybe you know this, maybe you don’t. But if you don’t, prepare to be amazed….
Yep, baking soda and vinegar. The same stuff I had my boys use to erupt their volcano. It doesn’t matter what brand you choose. Since I’m cheap, I just buy the off-brand.
First, remove the stopper from the drain and clean out any hair, grime, buildup and yuk from it. Then pour baking soda down it, followed by the vinegar. It will “erupt”, breaking up the gunk. Run hot water down the drain, and repeat the process until there’s no more crud backing up and water runs down the drain easily.
I unstopped my guest bathroom sink and my bathtub last week by doing this. I was going to post pictures, but I didn’t want to gross anyone out!
How does this simplify my life? I didn’t have to run to the store and purchase an expensive, chemical laden, caustic drain cleaner. I saved gas, money and time by using something I had on hand. Plus, it’s a safer and more natural alternative to use. And I could unclog the drain myself, instead of being frustrated with the backups because I needed to wait to have my husband take care of it. It simplified his life because he’s a busy guy and I hate to add small stuff to his list if I can solve it. There you have it.
And now it’s your turn!
Here’s the KISS party rules:
- Share your simple craft ideas, recipes, home decorating tips, organizing solutions, thrifty finds, finance tips, or any changes you’ve decided to make that will simplify your life. If it will simplify something…share it!
- Please follow my blog, either via Google Friends or Linky Followers before linking up. Also, feel free to like my Facebook page.
- Be sure to link back to your original post and not just your url (main blog address).
- Please grab the KISS button from my sidebar and post it somewhere on your blog.
- Include a visible link to the KISS party or my main blog address in or at the bottom of the post you’re linking up so others can find the party, too! Any post not linked back will be deleted.
- Visit another guest. Scroll through the other links and find a couple that interest you. Visit them and leave a comment letting them know how you found them. We all like comments!
- Please, please, please turn off word verification on comments!
- I will visit each link and highlight a few at the following week’s party.
- The party will run from sometime on Fridays until midnight on Sunday nights.
By linking up to this party, you understand and agree that I may use your images on my blog, Facebook page or Pinterest board.
But wait, before you link up, there’s also a giveaway! What am I giving away??? This barbed wire wreath, which is both rusty and redone.
The rules for the giveaway are simple.
- Become a follower of my blog, either through Google Friends or Linky Followers and leave me a comment that you did so. Be sure to leave an email address where I can contact you. That’s it!
If you want to enter more than once, here are optional ways to earn three more entries:
- Like my Facebook page and comment that you did.
- Blog about the giveaway or share on Facebook and comment that you did.
- Grab the giveaway button and link back to the giveaway page and comment that you did.
I will pick a winner randomly sometime on Monday, March 12 and email that person.
And don’t forget~next Friday, the 16th, there will be two, count ‘em, two parties to join up with!