So I've decided to do a blog.
I know they have been around for a while; however, since I am technologically challenged and prefer to do things on paper, I had never really considered starting one before. Those that know me know that I do not have a fancy cell phone (the only thing I use it for is to make calls) and that most of the time it's not even on! My calender is actually on the wall, not on an electronic accessory. My computer has always been dial-up, so emailing anything over a few lines would take forever. At the encouragement of some friends I signed up for facebook, but due to slow computeritis I only checked it about once a month and never updated any photos.
So why the blog, you ask? And why now? Well, a few reasons:
1. Our internet is now wireless AND I have a faster speed computer, so I can actually do things with it.
2. I thought it might be a fun way to let friends and family know what we're up to in our homeschool and other areas of our lives and now share updated photos of the kids.
3. I enjoy reading other homeschool blogs, and gleaning ideas, so this is a good way for me to share ideas and connect more with that community.
4. I can ramble on about things I'm excited about that might bore other people if I was actually talking to them.
5. I love books and reading, and was excited to find out I could direct everyone who reads my blog to my own bookstore at Amazon that is filled with books I get to recommend! I think my dream job would be to work in a bookstore, or a library.
So there you have it. My first blog post. It wasn't so hard! But since I'm still new to this and it's a work in progress, there won't be anything fancy for a while. Until I learn what linkys, widgets and gadgets are all about, I'll just type. Oh, and maybe add a few pictures!