I dug through the boxes and came up with some great finds! My total cost today was only $3.25. Just for fun I added up the retail prices on the back of the books and came up with $88.33! And that would have been before tax!
- An Acceptable Time by Madeleine L'Engle
- The Egypt Game by Zilpha Keatley Snyder
- Jo's Boys by Louisa May Alcott
- Rose In Bloom by Louisa May Alcott
- Julie by Jean Craighead George
- Julie's Wolf Pack by Jean Craighead George
- When Hitler Stole Pink Rabbit by Judith Kerr
- Eleanor's Story-An American Girl in Hitler's Germany by Eleanor Ramrath Garner
- I Have Lived a Thousand Years-Growing Up in the Holocaust by Livia Bitton-Jackson
- Cut it, Fold it, Glue it-Bible Story Paper Crafts-This is a reproducible that has patterns for bible crafts. Great to have them in one spot rather then searching the net.
My next stop today was a thrift store with my mother-in-law. Here I found a few items:
- The Journals of Lewis & Clark by Frank Bergon (This one Blakester picked out for himself) Love it!!
- A Child's Garden of Verses Coloring Book A Dover coloring book for Conman
- Counting is for the Birds by Frank Mazzola, Jr.
- Manners by Aliki
- Rain Forests by Anna O'Mara
So my cheap finds for the week added up to $6.11. Full retail price would have been $131.63 not including the game. Not bad for a little digging!
Why so many books, you might ask? I have a life-long love of books and reading. Curling up with a good book is what I would rather do than anything else. My husband and I wanted to build up a home library that our children would be able to use regularly. So when I find something good, I just can't resist! We still use the local library for some reference or short readers, but want to be able to go to our own shelves for first choice.
By the way, I've finished "Before Green Gables" and have started on "Anne of Green Gables". More on that tomorrow...